Monday, December 28, 2009

My Teenage

Exams can be really stressful. I know how tensed I was during the final exams. The fifteenth year of an Indian student’s life is marked by this Public examination. In the middle of all the tension, we remembered to plan for the celebration on the last day of the exam. It was the first time we were going out somewhere alone! Yes! At fifteen, we went for a movie. Of course, Genoliya’s mom accompanied us (As if our parents would let us out without adult supervision); but she doesn’t count as she enjoyed much more than us! I have to accept, some parents manage to retain the teenage spirit in them!
Then came the most difficult part, parting. Keerthana and Genoliya stayed in the same school. To my disappointment, Angela and Vanessa stayed too! It was also a major disappointment that Keerthana and I were in different classes. It was time to choose the subject that will determine our career. I chose Bio., while she chose computer. Well, Geno, Angela and Vanessa also took the Bio. Group. Keerthana and I met only during lunch time. It was then that the Golden Jubilee program came up. It was Keerthana’s idea to join the dance. I’m a bad dancer. A very bad dancer. So naturally, I refused to come. I don’t know what they said to convince me, but now I’m there in the dance. To my relief, there are dancers who are worse than I am. My sixteenth birthday rolled by and when we met again, I could see a lot of changes in my friends. Deepika had pierced a second hole in her ear and so fasionable that she looked like a model! Everybody looked more beautiful, more mature. I knew they wouldn’t look like kids in a sari anymore. I know I have changed A LOT! At thirteen, I was just naïve. At fourteen, I was happy and carefree. At fifteen, I began to realize I had responsibilities. At sixteen, I am more confident than I have been all these years and am strong enough to face any situation. Three more years until I finish my teenage. There is still a lot more to look forward to! It is true that teenage is an age of change!

No comments:

Post a Comment